Goat cheese and beet heart / Corazón de remolacha y queso de cabra
By Uchi on in Savory Recipes with 8 Comments
If you’re looking for easy recipes for Valentine’s day, these hearts will surprise your Valentine. Not only should it be for your boyfriend or lover, but also for your special friends.
This appetizer or side dish is an exquisite way to begin a romantic, elegant and light meal.
If you are a person who prefers to prepare easy recipes, this recipe is perfect for you. Although it seems a bit complex, the process is not difficult. You bake the beets while marinating the cheese with delicious fresh species then, cut the cheese and beets and alternate them in layers.
Serve it with crackers or vegetable chips. To give you an intense color and elegant look, I chose to accompany it with beet chips. I love to cook with beets because they have a unique flavor and color that provides a sweet, romantic and feminine touch to any dish. If you prefer to partner it with cookies or other chips, your dish will look very cute too.
Besides providing a lot of glamour to your dish, this vegetable is so nutritious! It is rich in protein, low in fat and cholesterol. Besides, the beets provide fiber, zinc, calcium, manganese, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C.
7 ounces plain Goat cheese
1 large beet or 2 small beets
Hand full of fresh cilantro
Ají molido (to taste)
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper
Procedure for the dough
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Peeled and chop garlic cloves
4. Wash the beets under running water. Trim off the top and the bottom of the beets
5. Toss in olive oil, cover with aluminum foil and roast until the beets are tender
2. Add the cheese, spices and olive oil in a bowl
15. Cut a beet in thin layers and make a heart shape with the help of a mold
19. Cut the cheese in a layer and make a heart shape with the help of a mold
20. Alternate stacking a layer of cheese and beet
21. Accompany with chips or cookies and enjoy!