Avocado Olive Tapenade Tortillas Tostadas
By Uchi on in Recipes, Savory Recipes with No Comments
Let’s face it, we don’t always have time to spend in the kitchen. And though we’ve planned and prepped, schedules change, ingredients are forgotten, and guests surprise you at your door. For the time you need easy, fast, and delicious dishes, this delicate and elegant appetizer is here to save you.
This appetizer is a French and Mexican fusion dish. The tapenade, French, is generally served with crusty bread or crackers and made of olives. But today, I added buttery avocado to the tapenade mix and paired it with what I had on hand, mini toasted tortillas.
As the days get longer and we start the oh-so-slow move toward spring, my every thought turns to entertaining family and friends. After a grey winter, I’m excited about barbecues, picnics, and outdoor fun! And this dish is coming with me every time I entertain friends.
Just one note: These small tortillas are much tastier if you prepare them at the last minute. Make the tapenade ahead of time and store it in the fridge, then grab it when you’re ready to use. Warm the tortillas just before you serve them. Don’t worry, you will find them easy to assemble at the last minute!
Yield: 25 to 30 mini tortillas
25 kalamata olives
3 Chopped capers
2 cloves of garlic
1 ½ tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
Salt and fresh black pepper
1 ripe avocado
A pinch of cilantro for the tapenade and a hand full of cilantro for garnishing
Shaved parmesan cheese, for garnishing
10 regular tortillas
1. Place all ingredients in a multiprocessor (less the parmesan cheese and cilantro)
2. Shave the parmesan cheese very thin
4. Cut out 3 or 4 small circles in each tortilla with a metal mold
5. Heat up the small tortilla for 1 minute in a hot skillet, add the shaved parmesan cheese
7. Place a small tortilla on the serving plate
8. Add a teaspoon of the tapenade mixture on each tortilla
9. Garnish with the shaved parmesan cheese and cilantro